Friday, December 19, 2008

Finally Friday!

I woke in the middle of the night to the sound of ice banging on a tin roof. Dang that was loud. I put my ear plugs back in and luckily fell right back to sleep. Then, when I left my apartment I noticed we got about 5 inches of snow where we live. And that’s just the beginning I’ve heard.

I went to the doctor this morning and everything’s perfect as far as we know. The heartbeat is spot-on and I’ve gained 9 pounds total (as of tomorrow I’m supposed to be at 10 pounds so that’s good). After this week I think I’m going to stop saying how much I’ve gained because it’ll depress me but I just want to remember that I’m on track. Tomorrow I’m going to have Brandt take a picture of my belly so I can post it here. I’ve definitely got a bump.

I also got some blood drawn. That never really bothers me and I’ve had WAY bad experiences in the past. They’re checking for spinal problems and chromosome counts. I think everything’ll be ok but I’m going to call next week to make sure, knowledge is key…

So, tonight Brandt comes home (weather dependent) and on Monday we find out! I seriously can’t wait but I can’t believe I’m 20 weeks along tomorrow.

2 comments:

the fellers said...

oh yay! i am so excited for MOnday...and way to go for being right on with the weight thing, it can be hard! Good luck on Monday!

Kristen said...

9lbs only! no wonder I can't see that baby bump! That's great! all the throwing up is really paying off in the weight management department, huh? I'm kidding... really.