Wednesday, December 03, 2008

It’s a Case of Life and Death

One of the only things I don’t like about the holiday season is that people try to sneak coconut into EVERYTHING! Not only do I think coconut tastes disgusting, I’m allergic to it! My throat closes if I eat more than a pinch of something that has it in it. This is one reason why I don’t do boxed chocolates.

Today Brandt and I were eating some boxed chocolates at lunch that ended up in my bag from the grocery store (very weird and long story). I bit into one (I know, you never bite into them, you tear them) and it was a caramel one. It tasted okay. Then Brandt bit into a dark chocolate one and said it was mousse filling. I took a little bit off the other end (he’s getting sick) and thought it was okay. As I chewed it I smelled one that looked crunchy. It wasn’t crunchy, it was coconut. I threw it back in the box and decided I was done with them when I felt grit in my teeth. I pulled a little piece out to see if it was coconut and it was. I got all the rest out of my mouth and drank a lot of water so nothing major happened. Where was the coconut from?!?!? It had to have been from the mouse one but I didn’t taste any and neither did Brandt… I have no idea.

Christmas time always feels like taking a step in the dark because I never know what’s going to close my throat. However, one thing I REALLY like about Christmas time is all the chocolate-covered marshmallow snowmen! I love those.

1 comment:

the fellers said...

mmmm...chocolate covered marshmallows...hey, can you email me your address? I know that you moved apartments, and I am not sure that I have the right one shonandvin@hotmail.com thanks!