Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas in Texas 2008

We’re back. I wish we could have stayed a couple more days in Texas but I had to get back for Church so it wasn’t possible. We had a lot of fun playing with family and it was amazing to see how much League City has changed in 3.5 years.

In Texas…

-We had a gingerbread building/decorating contest. I won again (ha! Anna!). My sister wasn’t happy about it because I’ve always won but really, would you ever doubt my talent :) Brandt made the doghouse from Charlie Brown with Woodstock standing on top. It was really cute.

Mine is in the forground, Brandt's is next to mine...


The inside of mine (someone in a bathtub next to a toilet, kids playing nintendo, someone reading a book in the library, a Christmas tree with gifts...)


-I got to snuggle and play loads with my little nephew Jimmy. He’s so adorable. By the end I had trained him to give me one kiss on each check without even being prompted. My favorite things were when he did the “more please” dance, him saying “no poke me” as he poked me and I poked him back”, and his saying “no whack-a-mole” as I lightly whacked the top of his little blonde head. I wish he could stay 2.75 years old forever!

-I got to hang out with my mom. Mostly what we did together consisted on driving and shopping but it was fun. 3.5 years is a long time away from home and I don’t think I’ll ever wait that long again. She’s going to come up when our little girl is born and I hope we can go out somewhere even though I think I’ll be home bound that week. I’m excited to see her again.

Me and my Mom...


Anna and Mom...


-Had Christmas Eve with my Uncles Pat, Bubba and Alan and Alan’s wife Kathleen. It was nice to see them all again. Usually only my Uncle Pat comes ever year so this was a big shindig. We opened present from the uncles and Kathleen made us all memory boxes to put cards to each other in. We also ate a nice BBQ dinner. Mmmm.

-Shopped. We shopped a lot. Just about everywhere we went I bought a couple little girl outfits. I just love girl clothes! I also got some maternity pants. I think I should have gotten them 2 weeks sooner. I was busting out the waist and really uncomfortable in my normal jeans even though the pants fit everywhere else. I heart maternity pants with the little waistbands!! They’re so comfortable. They’re like wearing pajama pants but look like normal jeans.

-Brandt proved he loved me once more… I had mentioned that I wasn’t supposed to sleep on my back anymore because the baby can press down on a vein that pumps blood to my heart and one morning as I was sleeping on my back and my side I felt him put a pillow behind my back and prop me up. He’s so sweet… always thinking about me.

-We stayed up WAY too late every night. I forget that my family stays up late and sleeps in late which I can’t do anymore. But Brandt and I stayed up till midnight every night and got up around 9am every morning. The rest of the fam stayed up a few more hours playing Call of Duty which I have no words for. I sat down to play it with them and my little brother told my other little brother to kill me so I could start over and then he walked up behind my and knifed me!! I was done after that.

-And, we went to Chili’s and had chocolate molten cakes!! I love those. I really love them. I would marry one if I could.

3 comments:

Katie said...

I love this post! Mostly because I love your family a lot. Merry Belated Christmas!

the fellers said...

ok you are so cute! I am glad that you had such a great time with your family. You look fantastic, and still in your normal jeans? Man, you are doing good. And that ginger bread house...WOWEY! I am glad you won, that was brilliant! And Brandt putting the pillow under you, how sweet...when I am pregnant I always get so nervous when I wake up on my back....good thing for husbands!

Celia said...

Molten Cake = Highlight! ;) Yay!