Friday, January 23, 2009

Getting Feisty

Last night, Brandt and I were sitting on the couch reading our "7 pages a day". I had the scriptures opened and propped on my tummy (now that it's closer to my face I can do that). After about 15 minutes they almost flew off of my stomach but my propped up leg caught them. I guess the little one didn't want to share her space so she decided to try and kick them off. It was pretty funny... scared me though... I wasn't expecting it.

I think in a few days I am going to put something semi cold on my stomach and see what she does. I heard they don't like cold so they start moving around trying to get away from it. I'll let you know.

I hope you don't think I'm going to be a torturous mother... I just think it's funny to do things to kids to see how they react... that sounds torturous. It's like giving pop rocks or war heads to a 2 year old. They have no idea what's going on inside their mouth so their expressions are priceless.

2 comments:

ChrisandLindsay said...

Hahaha That's pretty funny. The same thing happened to me when I was pregnant. I was laying on the couch reading my Economics book, but it was resting on my stomach. Well I stopped reading for a second to watch something on the TV and the book totally flew onto the floor! It freaked me out at first because I wasn't expecting it, but it was hilarious at the same time.

the fellers said...

Try putting a flashlight up to your stomach and move it around, my kids were so freaking feisty, it was so annoying sometimes, but I loved it too! The flashlight thing never worked for me, but my sister swears by it! Oh...dont feel bad, my kids would ALWAYS...most especially Ry RY...ball up right under/in the left rib cage...so I would push them back into place...Shon used to get so mad at me...that I was hurting them, but they were hurting me so bad! And, if they didnt move for awhile, or I didnt remember feeling them move, I would push on my stomach and move it around until they finally kicked me and told me to leave them be! haha