Friday, January 30, 2009

The Gravest News---to me at least

I just found out that the GENERAL PRIMARY PRESIDENCY (if you don't know what this is I will explain below) is visiting OUR STAKE and our stake chose OUR WARD for them to visit Feb. 15 and I HAVE SHARING TIME that month!

I am going to absolutely DIE! Seriously, this is not good for me. Can I do this? Am I good enough to teach the children in front of them!? I'm 23 years old (23.75 to be more exact) and am me! Should I go into labor 2 months early to get out of it? Oh man... I better start praying now!


For those who have no idea what I'm talking about:
Here are the LDS (Mormon) terms for ya... A ward is like the school you go to. The Stake is like the school district. The General Primary Presidency is like the United States education board. Does that make sense? I just made that up... So, the head honchos are coming to watch me teach the children for 2 whole hours. Yikes! Now do you understand why I'm scared?

7 comments:

Jake Miller said...

You have my congratulations... and condolences. :) You'll be great.

Cheryl said...

You'll do great. No you do not want to have the baby 2 months early, trust me.

Celia said...

You're going to be AWESOME!! You were in Trooper School, so that makes you super-de-duper amazing! :)

Celia said...

oh yea thanks for the definitions :)

Danielle Arnett said...

I loved the explanation of the ward, stake and General stuff. Good Job Christina! I enjoyed a chuckle with that.

You need not worry about whose being there as long as you do your job and do it to the best of your ability - which you always do anyway. Be yourself, be creative and have fun with the children. They do not need to know you're nervous. If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear, I promise!

I get to do a Visiting Teaching conference this week - My 1st and the Stake R/S President will be there, along with Bishop and about 60 women - ane me - R/S President???? Why me?

However, we've done all we can to prepare, now to see what, if any crises happens at the last minute. Not sure I could pick up any slack. I already know my secretary is going to be gone, which means roll needs to be taken to on this very busy day, but my hope is to delegate that out to a former secretary b/c we need the help.

Mary Ann (Crockett) Ahlstrom said...

Good luck..............I can't imagine how worried you must be. You'll do great!

Kool Kunz Klan said...

Last week lady asked if i could teacher her 8 year old sunday school but she didn't mention until this week (it is feb 8 that i teach) that I would also be conducting sharing time with the class and dumped the entire thing on me. But I don't have the head hanchos comming. sorry!