Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The joys of being pregnant

So this morning I finally came up with a way to describe the pain I feel in my hips every morning (and throughout the night). It’s just getting worse and worse each night but the last few nights it’s felt like I was standing up and two semis drove right into me (one on each side) and broke both of my hips. I seriously can’t move when it gets to the worst point while I’m sleeping. BLAH!

I was going to go to the physical therapist and then I wasn’t because they can’t do much without taking x-rays and I was going to wait until after the baby is here but now I’m thinking I should go. I just hate doing things like that. It’s a new kind of doctor for me and I’m not sure they can even do anything…

Oh, and our little precious baby girl has been kicking what I think is one of my “round ligaments” (I did some research) and it pretty much brings tears to my eyes each time with how much it hurts. I love her so much already :) If she keeps it up she’s going to be grounded until she goes to college.

The joys of being pregnant. I know it could be worse… it is in some cases so I shouldn’t really complain. Last night as I was lying on the couch I was watching her move through my stomach. Punch, punch, kick kick… it’s pretty funny to watch. It’s also funny when Brandt digs his face into my stomach and talks to the baby. He’s usually telling her that it’s not nice to hurt mommy or about the books he’s going to read to her. He’s going to be a great dad.

4 comments:

the fellers said...

I am so sorry, that must be so hard for you, you should eat some ice cream, it will make you feel better, I am sure ;)

Brianne said...

You might try a chiropractor!! I saw one with my first two pregnancies and it really helped. They don't take x-rays, they just align you and you feel(at least I did) a lot better. I went about once a month, then a couple times after I delivered because labor really gets your body all our of whack. Good luck!

Angela said...

The fellers offered some great advice...what great friends! Yes please freaking go to a PT and get started. Don't wait another 15 weeks to get help. Set it up before you leave work today. I'll call to make sure you do.

Laurie said...

Good luck; I was told that hormones were softening the connection in my hips to help the hips spread a bit when the baby comes....I hope they can do something for you though. One thing I learned right before the delivery of my FIFTH baby is that babies get a bit hyper when they are thirsty...well when they need more liquid; so they put me on an iv and he calmed down.