Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lucky, lucky ducky

Earlier this month there was a deal at our grocery store where if you bought $30 in participating products you would receive 3-$5 coupons to the grocery store at checkout. There was some decent stuff on sale, especially the huge containers of Charmin toilet paper so I bought 2 cases of Charmin, 2 tubs of icing and some orange juice… totaling $31. At checkout I received the coupons.

The next time I went to the store I used one (you could only use one at a time). Then I forgot to use the other two (which is NOT like me) until yesterday, the 21st. As I was waiting for my turn in the checkout line I pulled one out and noticed that they expired on the 20th! My first thought was, “You’re kidding me!”. Then I got all warm and anxious inside. My second thought was “$10! I just lost $10!”

I had 2 other coupons to hand to her so I handed them to her along with one of the $5 coupons. She and the computer accepted all 3! A HUGE** feeling of relief swept over me. I asked her to take the garbage bags off the order (they were over $5) and then I rebought the garbage bags using the 2nd $5 coupon.

I did it. I almost ran out of there I was so happy. I learned that some stores accept expired coupons but that Jewel isn’t run by nice people so I was relieved. It probably helped that she really had to go to the bathroom… (as she was ringing me up she told her manager that she was going to run to the bathroom after she was done with me :)

**I realize it’s only $10 but that’s the reason I did the sale and $10 is $10!

Mmmmmm…. Hint of Lime… so delish

No comments: