Monday, January 19, 2009

Southern Night

On Saturday we continued with the tradition of having “ethnic” food nights with our friends. This time we had “Southern Night”. Brandt made spicy gumbo, I made fried green tomatoes, Alison made yummy-yummy mac n cheese, Joseph made authentic corn bread, Ashley made parmesan green beans and Jacob avocado shakes. Everything was delicious… even the avocado shakes weren’t as scary as they sounded after Brandt forced some down my throat because I was the only one who hadn’t tried any.

For dessert I made blueberry tarts with the awesomely cheap blueberries I got and the cute little tart pans Brandt brought me back from his trip to Connecticut. They were DELICIOUS!!! These were my first tarts and even Brandt begged for half of the only remaining one the next day.

Here are some pictures. I really like baking. I can’t wait till I have more time to try new things (and of coarse still share with my friends).



So far we’ve had…

Pizza Night
Sushi Night
Southern Night

Next up is…
Mexican Night
BBQ Night
Italian Night

4 comments:

Jake Miller said...

bluburry goodness...

the fellers said...

ok, those look so good, and again, can I do it with a different fruit? I love to bake too, but I am not very good at making up stuff, I have to follow a recipe....do share!

Kool Kunz Klan said...

Did you really eat sushi??? Even if you cheated and it was cooked crab, did you really eat seafood??!?!??!?!

cbhoff said...

No... I did not eat seafood. I would never. I ate vegetable rolls.