Last night I made pasta salad so we would have something for lunch today. I didn’t eat it for dinner last night because my dressing was at work but oh man it was delicious today. I decided to share the very simple recipe with you in case you want some yumminess in your life.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
3/4 box rainbow rotini
3 carrots (not the baby kind)
2 large sticks of celery
1/2 pint grape tomatoes
1/2 bag shredded Italian mix cheese
vinaigrette dressing (any kind)
1. Boil rotini until it’s to your liking
2. Clean and peal the carrots and celery
3. Chop up the carrots, celery, avocado* and tomatoes
4. Rinse the noodles in very cold water until the noodles are cold and drain completely
5. Put the noodles in a big bowl and add the carrots, celery, avocado and tomatoes
6. While gently stirring the mixture, sprinkle in the cheese
*If you are going to save the pasta for later, do not add the dressing or avocado and instead cover and put in the fridge. The reason: the noodles soak up the dressing and you have to add more later for it to taste, and the avocado will turn brown.
If you are going to enjoy soon after making it, add the avocado and dressing to taste.
I usually serve this with lightly fried breadcrumb-covered chicken but today we had it with blackened skinless polish kielbasa and it was to die for.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!