Tuesday, March 10, 2009

31-week check in

I went to the doctor yesterday for a bi-monthy check in and everything is great. Her heartbeat is normal, she measures well, and the pains I’ve been having are normal (some are from running for too many busses while I just have to deal with others). I also didn’t gain any weight! I love eating better. Well, I miss the good old days when my diet consisted of endless sweets but I’ve started really liking fruit.

I can’t believe she’ll be here in 9 weeks! That’s it! That’s so soon. I remember waiting and waiting and waiting until it was time for us to start trying for a family. It seemed like it would never come and now I’m 9 weeks away from bringing our baby into this world or, the other side of my belly since she’s already part of this world.

Last night Brandt was resting his head on my belly talking to her. He was saying stuff like, “This is Daddy and I love you WAY more than Mommy”. After a few minutes she kicked him in the face. Now that’s my kind of girl.

We really have nothing ready for her though. My baby shower isn’t till the end of the month and I’ve been waiting to buy a lot of stuff till I see what I’m given but it’s making me a little nervous. We have the crib set up (no mattress) and the changing table is ready but other than like 5 dresses and some onesies that’s all we’ve got. I’m going to have to shop like a maniac in April. At least I like shopping.

2 comments:

Celia said...

I'm glad to hear that you and baby are doing well! :)

the fellers said...

I am glad you guys are doing well! It is so exciting! I felt like this right before Rylee...I didnt have ANYTHING, and no baby shower for your second I guess, so I went out shopping like mad one month, it was a lot of fun, especially when you dont do it much...I am excited to see what you get! I LOVE baby stuff, I would always fold it and re-fold it and put it away 10 times, and just look at it alot to see how small it was...my advice (even though you didnt ask for it), buy BIGGER clothes, or ask for it from your shower, cause I had such a hard time with Scoty, we had a TON of clothes up to like 6 or 9 months, then NOTHING, and we had to go out and buy a whole new wardrobe, and they grow so fast....so get a good variety of every size. I think people even gave me like 24 month stuff, and I was SO glad I had it when it came to that time! Good luck!