Saturday, March 07, 2009

I don’t want to sound vain

We went to a friend’s birthday get-together on Wednesday and had to take the Blue Line train to get there. A few stops after we got on, two female friends about 17 years old sat down near us and chatted. A few stops after that, a boy, about 19 years old who looked 14, with black converse hightops, had his jeans rolled up a little and looked like he was trying really hard to be cool got on and sat down on the seat in front of the girls. After a little bit he started talking to them. This is the gist of their conversation…

Boy: What are you drinking?
Girl A: Oh, it's a protein shake.
Boy: Really? I’ve never seen a girl like you drink a protein shake.
Girl A: Well, we just got done working out.
Boy: Oh, you take care of yourself. (lifted fist in the air for girl A to tap)
Girl A: (tapped boy’s fist)
Boy: You keep it up.
---AWKWARDNESS and more chatter.
Boy: Okay, I gotta ask you a question. What do you think about men who wear bandanas?
Girl B: I don’t know… they look kind of fierce.
Boy: Fierce? What do you mean?
Girl B: You know, like cool. I think they just look fierce.
Boy: (takes a bandana out of his pocket) Good cause I was wearing a bandana and these guys on the street told me I looked like a ***** (gay). I was wearing it like this. (put it on). What do you think?
Girl B: (shook head in agreement to what he thought of himself)
---AWKWARDNESS and more chatter.
Boy: I don’t mean to sound vain but when I take off my shirt and look in the mirror sometimes I’m like MAN! (shielded his eyes like he was blinded). I’m just shocked sometimes at what I see. I mean I’m not ripped or anything but I’ve got me some nice abs.

I was so blown away by that comment and how awkward it was that I don’t even remember how the girls responded. It continued like that until both girls got off (at separate times). Poor girls.

4 comments:

Angela said...

That is hilarious

the fellers said...

hahahaha!

Sarah said...

Gotta love morons like that!

EMillz said...

The el really provides endless entertainment. One time I was sitting in front of a couple on their first date (so I guessed) and the guy asked the girl how old she was, and she was like, 32, and he said "WHOA, I didn't realize you were THAT old"! I have a feeling the date didn't last much longer.
Awesome.