Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bowling at 37.5 weeks

Last night I went bowling with the women from my church. There are 9 (8 now that one had her baby) pregnant people in my ward and 5 of them were there. Most of us didn’t bowl but I wanted to so I waited for everyone else to be done so I could just do a few frames to quench the craving I’d been having. I found a light ball and as I was bowl-walking up to the line to throw it I totally slipped. I guess my balance is off? I caught myself but man it hurt. I ended up picking up the spare on that one. I did really bad on the other three frames I bowled and decided I should stop so I don’t really mess something up. Brandt was really sad/mad at me. Loving but sad/mad.

And, shocker… I am REALLY sore today. Last night I had to get up at 2am to go to the bathroom and I could barely walk to it. Then at 4am I had to get up to eat something because I was STARVING and had to go to the bathroom again and same story… it took a while to get where I was going.

So, 2nd to last day of work today. I will miss it but… I will love not working. I will enjoy napping. I will enjoy watching Oprah (because that’s what stay at home mom’s watch right?

3 comments:

MM said...

Oprah, Ellen, and The View. And GMA in the mornings. Those are my daytime tv addictions. I really don't like Regis and Kelly, but if I'm at home I'll end up leaving it on and getting annoyed, so I usually make myself get out and walk/jog during that hour. It's a good motivator.

I'm so excited you'll get to stay home! You'll LOVE it. It goes by really quickly. I can't believe it's been 8 months since I worked last. Time flies.

ChrisandLindsay said...

Wow, I can't believe you are almost there!! I hope you didn't hurt yourself too bad. When I was about 35 or 36 weeks pregnant I was just trying to sit down for a minute and I had to sort of twist my body a little bit and well long story short, my knee twisted out of the socket and I literally had to push it back in! It hurt so bad and I was sore for the next few days. However it took a few months after I had Parker for it to feel back to normal again. There was one point right after I had Parker that I just bumped my leg against the bed and it basically just took me out. My knee twisted out of the socket again and it hurt so bad!! I had heard that all your ligaments and joints and whatnot are really loose when you are pregnant, making it easier to hurt yourself! Hopefully you should be good though...just be careful! :)

You'll have a lot of fun staying at home. Although it will probably take some getting used to. It had been a REALLY long time since I have just stayed at home with nothing to do. I was usually either at school and working full time or doing sports and school and work and then to just bam, be at home was a little hard at first because I got so bored. But it really is nice to not have to go to work every day or have to do homework!

Celia said...

Yay Christina!! I'm glad you will get to be a stay at home Mommy!! :) When do we get to see another belly pic?