I had Thursday and Friday off last week so I took advantage of the time by sleeping in, running some errands, and sewing. That’s right… sewing! Sometimes I feel very inferior to my sewing machine because I feel like something could go wrong at any moment that I won’t be able to figure out and the project will be ruined. Well, this last week I didn’t let that get to me and I went to Hancock Fabrics to buy the fabrics I needed. They had a great sale (I want to go back and get more).
On Friday I sewed this changing pad cover. No one sells non-contoured changing pad covers so I had to make one. I didn’t have a pattern to go by so it was a little scary but I basically made a long pillowcase with buttons and button holes on the end to keep it from coming off. This was my first time sewing button holes… that was an experience. Overall I think it turned out great. As always there are a couple little mistakes that I’m sure you can’t see but I’ll watch for when I make the second one. What do you think?
On Saturday I made 1.5 baby shoes (I had to finish up the second one on Sunday). I can’t get over how cute they turned out. I can’t believe I made them. I got the idea from Balancing Everything. The pattern/instructions are downloadable and you should totally make them. I used two coordinating fabrics and leather for the bottom. This was the first pattern I’ve ever used so it took a while to get the terminology down. I also only had sew-in interfacing so it took a lot longer than it would have if I had had fusible interfacing. Here’s a pic. I can’t wait to make more and to see them on our little girl.
Now I want to make a grocery bag holder and a few bibs. That’ll probably happen when I’m through with work in two weeks.