Sunday, May 17, 2009

1 week

Our little baby Jane is 1 week and 2 days today. What I love most about that is that I am 1 week and 2 days healed! Oh mercy... people told me about the delivery being bad and scary (which it wasn't) but they didn't even mention the recovery. It's been difficult but I'm getting better and I feel it so I just need to be patient.

Jane is magnificent! She is absolutely great. Here are a few milestones...

*At her 1st doctor appointment she weighed in at 6 lbs 3 oz! She was born weighing 5 lbs 11 oz and lost 4 oz in the hospital but she's already passed her birth weight!

*Her umbilical cord fell off yesterday. I read and heard that it usually takes a couple weeks but it's already off. She's so advanced.

*Her digestive system is working very well. I think we change poopy diapers about 10 times a day.

She eats very well and rarely cries. When she does cry it's a cute one... luckily she's not a screamer!!

Here are some pictures...



7 comments:

Sarah said...

She looks just like you in that second picture. Congratulations again. Motherhood is the hardest, most rewarding job you will ever have!

The Randalls said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon! She is so cute, I am glad that she is a good baby.

kathy said...

sooooo cuuuuute.

the fellers said...

she's SO cute, and she DOES look like the pampers baby! I hope you heal soon...it can be a pain...but I still think it is worth it, dont you?

Katie said...

She is absolutely beautiful. I hope Ann gets to see her soon if she hasn't already. Congrats, you will be wonderful parents.

wendy said...

Your daughter is so beautiful. Who is the photographer in the family? I can't believe how good these pictures are!!!!!

Julie said...

Thanks for the updates! She is adorable! Hope you heal fast! :)