Friday, May 08, 2009

Happy Birthday Jane!


*Read how destiny fulfilled herself here.

Thursday May 7:

11:45pm:
I woke up to three very strong repetitive contractions. I knew it was time and told Brandt, "I think we're going to have a baby tomorrow."

Friday May 8:

12:00am:
My water broke but I didn't know it. It was a trickle and felt like I just had really bad control of my bladder muscles. Contractions were 1 minute long every 3 minutes. I showered and blow dried my hair so I'd look and feel presentable at the hospital.

2:00am: Arrived at the hospital. Contractions were still 1 minute long every 3 minutes.

2:30am:
They admitted me and measured me. I was at 4cm. My goal before getting an epidural was to be at 5cm, have an established labor pattern and feel like I needed it.

6:00am: About 5.5 cm. Contractions were getting really tough so the epidural was administered. The epidural didn't hurt much and it started working VERY quickly. I didn't need to press the button for more.

6-7:30am:
Slept!

7:45am: 8 cm, 90% effaced. Baby's heartbeat dropped just a little so they put me on oxygen and a very low dose of pitocin.

8:45am: Felt her head drop really low and was told to focus on not pushing until the doctor was done with another delivery.

10:00am: Started pushing.

10:14am: Jane Elizabeth Brinkerhoff was born full of life, cries and color. She weighs in at a mere 5lbs 11oz and measures 18.5 inches long. I cried for a good 30 minutes as she cried and the doctors finished with the rest of the delivery.

Welcome to our family Janie! We love you so much already. You are SO precious and darling! Here are some pictures of you which came in high demand.






22 comments:

MandiScandal said...

oh my gosh! she is adorable and beautiful! congrats!!! i can't believe you are a mom!!! she came just in time so you could enjoy mother's day holding her in your arms!!!

Cheryl said...

Way to go mom. She's beautiful and so are you might I add. Congratulations on a job well done.

Ashley Miller said...

Beautiful! Congratulations. I take it you won't be at church tomorrow? :) You're going to miss Jeff playing John the Baptist. I think you have a pretty good excuse. We're so excited for you! Let us know if you need anything.

Celia said...

Congratulations Christina!! She is beautiful! You look beautiful in your pictures as well :) Yay!!! Happy Early Mother's Day!

Liz said...

She is so pretty! I like the name too! Congrads.

The Randalls said...

Chritina she is so beautiful!! You look so happy. I am so glad that she is finally here.

AoK Buttons said...

AAAHHH!!! First, you look beautiful! and so does Jane. I love you guys. Congrats! and Hi Brandt, Chris wants to know if you have seen Star Trek yet?

Emilio Z. said...

Wow, didnt know the new member of the family, congratulations!!!

Heather said...

Happy Mother's Day mommy! Jane is gorgeous. Gorgeous. So happy for you both. Have a great Mother's Day and enjoy your family. xoxoxo - Heather (and Peter says congrats too! He says, she's cuuuuute!)

the fellers said...

WOW...fait DID have its way, that is SO cool, May 8th, what a great birthday! I am so glad your water broke, I loved that! I am so glad things went well, and that you and baby jane are doing great, she is BEAUTIFUL, and I cant wait to see more pics!! YAY! Congrats!

Jessi said...

Congrats Brink! She is beautiful! Little Jane Brinkey. Happy Mother's Day! :)

MM said...

Christina she is gorgeous! I love the name Jane, and almost used it instead of Kate.

Congrats, and enjoy!

Michelle said...

What a beautiful baby! And so alert -- love those big eyes!

Congratulations to your family and Happy Mother's Day!

I totally picked the right date on your 500th post giveaway :-)

Katie said...

What a gorgeous baby girl!! It sounds like everything went well for you Cristina! Happy Mother's Day and welcome Baby Jane!! She is one lucky girl to be in your family : )

TEAM BOWMAN said...

OMG I can't belive Angela's little sister had a baby ;) see is soooo beautiful she really does look like you! congrats and Happy mothers day! - yvette arredondo-bowman

Christa Pettis said...

She is seriously the cutest baby I've ever seen (other than my nephews, of course). Congratulations to you and Brandt!!! I'm so happy for you guys. And Happy Mother's Day!!!!!!! Don't forget about our raincheck for lunch. :)

Melissa Hucal said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! Enjoy getting to know her.

ChrisandLindsay said...

CONGRATS!!!! Oh my gosh, she is so freakin adorable! Good Job! What an awesome Mother's Day present...Happy Mother's Day!!! :)

Sarah said...

Congrats! She is one of the prettiest newborns I have ever seen! (Oh-and I love the middle name....after my mom and me, right?...and i guess you too!)

Sheila Welvaert said...

Congratulations Brandt and Christina. Jane is beautiful.

Candace said...

congrats! she is SO cute. :)

Dusty and Amy said...

I have been catching up on your blog, Christina! You have the most precious baby!! Absolutely adorable. I had tears come to my eyes....it couldn't be the fact that I AM PREGNANT and HORMONAL!! haha We might get to find out the sex of our baby in a few weeks. We are due in December and just so excited! You have such a perfect little baby!!