Monday, June 22, 2009

Brandt's Hammock

Brandt decided I should post about the hammock he made so here it goes...

It's huge! It's big enough for both of us to fit on it and have plenty of space between us. It's quite comfy too. Every weekend he begs to go take it to the park but it's been kind of hard with Jane's schedule and the weather.

He didn't have any instructions... he just wanted to make it and thought in his head of how it should be done. He did an awesome job. He sewed the main part (which took the longest) and tied the ropes. He even sewed the things that attach it to the trees even though you can buy them already made.

Here are some pictures from when we took it out a few weekends ago to try it out. I enjoy being married to such a crafty guy!


5 comments:

Angela said...

It looks beautiful! Great job Brandt!

Megan and TJ said...

Hi Christina! I found your blog and thought I would say hi! Your little girl is beautiful! I am glad you are enjoying Chicago and life in general. The hammock is incredible!
Megan (Warner) Gray

Sarah said...

What a cool hammock!

Danielle Arnett said...

Brandt- I'm impressed! GREAT JOB!!!! I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come. I like how you compensated for the shrinkage of the fabric. Good work! Now, you can have josh craft a frame for you with his machining skills so you can use it on your patio (grin).

Julie said...

I'm so impressed! A daring attempt resulting in wild success!