Friday, June 19, 2009

Cheesecake Take Two


I made another cheesecake last week but this time I used the recipe from Bakerella. Oh my word, it was divine. It was heavy. It was amazingly professional. I swear this thing would have cost like $60 or more if you bought it from a store. Here are some pictures.

The nude cheesecake:


The stuff that dreams are made of:


The slice of heaven:


The end (of me that is):


For the topping I made the filling to a raspberry pie. Here's the recipe if you want it. You can find the actual cheesecake recipe on Bakerella's Web site.

Filling/Topping:

1 cup crushed raspberries
1 cup warm water

Place the above in a pot and stir on medium high for 2 minutes. Then, strain using a cheesecloth to remove skin and seeds. Return the juices to the pot.

In a separate bowl, combine 3 TBSP corn starch and 3/4 cup sugar very well. Add sugar mixture to the pot of raspberry juice and stir continuously until color changes to dark, becomes thick and bubbly. Remove from heat and cool, stirring occasionally.

Spread on top of cheesecake when cooled.

2 comments:

Julie said...

That looks amazing...I am definatley going to try to replicate it! Thanks for the tips!

Angela said...

That looks divine! Oh, happy 4 yrs!