Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The Stretcher

Jane loves to stretch. She'll stretch for about 5 minutes on the changing table after we take her out of her crib and unswaddle her. Sometimes it takes so long that I sit down on the rocking chair and just wait it out. Last week I decided to photograph her "paparazzi style" so you could experience this too.

Here she goes... starts off big with the unwind...



She takes a couple-second break from all that work and then starts over with the arm and chest stretches...

Here she is saying, "please no, please, leave me alone I'm busy, maybe another time"...

Big, big stretches...


"And... I'm done." Oh wait, no, this is where she starts the process all over again when I touch her and remind her that she's free from her swaddle.

Happy 2 month birthday today Jane! We love you and are so happy you're our daughter! Your smiles are getting better and better and I absolutely love playing with you. Your voice is starting to come out... less grunts and pony noises and a few more cute little coos. You LOVE daddy and you jump with interest every time he comes into a room talking.

You're an awesome sleeper! You sleep about 6-9 hours straight, wake up to eat and go right back down like a champ. It helps that we pack you full right before we put you down... the other night you downed 8 ounces and would have eaten more but that's just not healthy :)

Sometimes there is just no waking you once you've fallen asleep eating. You are determined to sleep and take after me here. I'm thinking you look like your daddy but you change every day so we'll keep watching and waiting as you grow into your own little self.

This month you visited daddy's work, your cousins Brian and Julie came to play with you and you've started going to play group at church (which is where mommy socializes and you sleep in your car seat).

You're starting to lose the hair on the back of your head, you are a rock star napper, you LOVE your play gym and are starting to swing at the toys, your best friend is the little girl you see in the mirror and you love looking around at the world.

Love you lots little baby.

2 comments:

Carisa said...

oh my word, that was the sweetest post, I gotta capture Ladybug like that!!!! Baby stretches are so awesome!!!

Kristen said...

So cute!!! I'm totally mad I missed your visit! you better come again soon :)