Thursday, September 17, 2009

Rolling Adventure

So yesterday Jane rolled over for the first time from her back to her stomach. She did it ALL day and night. I've found that although I'm super excited that she has conquered this HUGE task, it's kind of annoying... because she can't roll back over from her stomach to her back and after a while of trying to do it she gives up and SCREAMS her lungs out.

She flipped over a little after midnight and Brandt had to go into her room to help her. Not too excited about this happening during our sleep and it kind of ruins her naps if she does it during a transition.

Now, obviously she will learn how to get back onto her back but what do I do in the mean time? I want her to learn but I don't want her to ruin her nap by getting all worked up. Did your kids do this? If so, what did you do and how long did it take for them to get back onto their backs?

Thanks!

2 comments:

prangster_in_chicago said...

next time, tell jane to hold tight. I'll come by and flip her over.

the fellers said...

i am a nazi mom...i would just leave my kids and eventually they would fall back to sleep if they are tired enough. I have learned that kids are SOOOO SMART! They know what they need you to do to go get them or whatever, so I always had to take control, and let them figure out that they wouldnt get away with it...eventually she will be sleeping on her stomach, back, side whatever...we just always had to let them learn to go back to sleep..it will be hard for you for awhile...good luck! (not saying this is the way to do it, but just what worked for us!)