Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Jane goes to Texas

The two of us had so much fun in Texas. So much fun that we forgot to call dad... a lot. It was so great to see my family especially seeing them play with Jane. Here are some pictures...

Uncle Josh and Jane: (He's such a cutie!)


Grandma, Uncle Pat and Jane:


Cousin Tyler and Jane: (She's not used to being held by a 5-year-old)


Aunt Angela and Jane:


Jane did really well. She slept through the night every night and took good naps. She even did well with being out and about a lot. Oh, I should mention so I don't forget... Our first flight just the two of us. Jane, you did awful on the way down. I mean awful. We both had breakdowns. I wanted to get off the plane and go home but Brandt talked me out of it. We had to sit on the plain for an hour before it took off because of weight issues and I know that had something to do with us both losing it. On the way back it was much better, probably because we knew what to expect.

I don't think I've eaten out that much in a week as I did during that trip. I ate at Schlotzsky's, Whataburger, Sonic, Chili's, Salt Grass Steakhouse, Panda Express, Shipley's Donuts (twice), and I'm sure there are a couple other places... It was sure tasty!

I got to play my favorite game called shanghai with Sister Trayhan, my mom and little brother Josh. I TOTALLY kicked their trash and I mean TOTALLY. It was way fun.

My Uncle Pat came down and we went out to lunch and to a kitchen store. I got some white cupcake liners (which is a big deal to me) and a pumpkin cookie cutter. He's so fun. I'm glad he got to meet Jane and take some time off to play with us.

I also got to see my big sister and her little boys. They are so big now! I miss them being babies. I still can't believe Jimmy can express exactly what he's thinking and Tyler knows so much.

I went to bed MUCH later than I would have if I were home because we would stay up and talk. I would try to go to bed and then we'd talk about something else. I'm talking midnight people.

The trip was great. I'm so glad we went and that I decided to make it a day longer than originally planed. Love you guys!

2 comments:

the fellers said...

I am so glad you got to see your family! It looks and sounds like you had a blast!!

Sarah said...

Mmmm....Shipley's...