Tuesday, November 10, 2009

6 month checkup

Jane had her 6 month checkup on Monday. Here are her stats...

Weight: 15 lbs 13 oz (2 lbs more than at 4 months) (25%)
Height: 25 inches (.5 in taller than 4 months) (25%)
Head: 42 cm (25%)

She got 3 shots and I wanted to cry. She was SOOOOO sad and in so much pain. I seriously almost started crying for her. I almost hip checked the nurse giving them to her and said, "You jerk, that's my baby... can't you see she's in pain!! What kind of person are you!?!?" But then I got it together and picked her up and nursed her back to happiness.

On a happier note and because we all love happy Jane...
We had a photoshoot on Sunday for a little project we're working on and here are some of my fun favorites from it...




Oh, so you'll notice Jane's in the 25%tile. On our way out of the building a woman stopped us and asked how old "he" was. I said 6 months. She was surprised and said, "WOW! He's a big one! You've got a football player on your hands. He'll probably be a line backer! Won't you little guy?" Jane was wearing purple pants and a purple onesie with flowers. Now either she didn't notice that or thought she was a frilly boy. Either way, that's like the opposite of destined football player.

3 comments:

Katie said...

LOL about that story. Gotta love strangers!! By the way, she is sooo cute!! And shots are lame : (

Sarah said...

I always kept bows on my girls for the exact reason...though sometimes that didn't work. Kate was wearing a bow, collared t-shirt dress and white sandals and still got called a boy!

the fellers said...

hahaha, people say the funniest stuff hey?? that is hilarious! she is so cute, those pictures are so fuuny! Shots are SO hard, i STILL hate them, and I have been with my kids through a lot of them! ugh