Thursday, November 19, 2009

A little tip that'll save lots of time

This tip is useful for many things... cupcakes, baby food... you name it.

I had to teach a cupcake decorating class last week for a church activity and while researching different stuff I came upon this...

Once your batter is made, pour it into a large zip lock bag. Carefully cut off one of the bottom corners and gently squeeze out the batter into the cups until they are 2/3rds the way full. This save so much time, grief and mess. I hate filling those liners because the batter for muffins and cupcakes is too thick to pour so it ends up getting all over your hands and takes so long. Try it and then thank me.

This morning I used this method for filling ice cube trays with pureed sweet potato (Jane's baby food... we don't normally chill our drinks with sweet potato). It took me less than a minute to very neatly fill up two trays. I am so going to do this from now on.

3 comments:

Celia said...

Oooh! Thanks for the tip! I'll have to try that! :)

Julie said...

Fabulous idea...thanks for passing it on! See you in a few days!

MoneyBags said...

Now that its extra-easy for you to make cupcakes...maybe you should send a few to VSA with Brant? Just sayin...