Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Number 28 for Brandt

Today my hubby turns 28.

I sent him to work with 2 dozen homemade cupcakes with homemade buttercream frosting and finished off with 3 blueberries each. I believe every person should be sent off with sweets on their birthday even if they aren't in elementary school anymore.

And, tonight we will celebrate with a delightful menu he chose for dinner. I am making...

Appetizer: Salad

Entree: Smoked Gouda and Bacon Stuffed Pork Chops topped with Caramelized Balsamic Pears. Fresh Green Beans and Crash Hot Potatoes as Sides.

Dessert: Creme Brulee with a Blueberry Mango Coulis

I actually can't wait till tonight because that means I will be done cooking :) It's worth it though. As you know I LOVE birthdays so I'm glad he lets me do something for him.

Happy birthday Brandt. Glad to have another year with you!

P.S. Thank you Ann for birthing Brandt 28 years ago today. I also believe (now that I have a child) that you should always thank your mother on your birthday.

6 comments:

Brianne said...

Please pass our birthday wishes onto Brandt. Also, would you be willing to share your buttercream frosting recipe?? I have been looking for a good one and have come up short so far. Thanks!!

Emilio Z. said...

Wow! Thats quite a dinner! Next time I see you guys I'll cook for you guys. Congrats to Brandt!

Katie said...

Tell Brandt Happy Birthday! Hope it is wonderful

AoK Buttons said...

I am a strong believer in thanking parents on your birthday!! See you in 2 days!!! oh, and I'll be coming up saturday afternoon the day before I leave. Is that ok?? And thank you for the phone call tuesday you made my day better.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Julie said...

You are soooo ambitious! I love that you love to cook and that you make such "cool" dishes! Happy Birthday Brandt!