Thursday, February 25, 2010

How I got paid to buy toothpaste

I have 2 AWESOME stories to share with you today.

Prescriptions:
I received some coupons from CVS last month, 2-$25 gift card with a new or transferred prescription. I saved them because although we don't usually take medicine in our home, you never know when you'll get an infection and need some.
Last week, Jane was prescribed an inhaler at her 9-month checkup to hopefully get rid of a cough she's had since Christmas and I was pretty happy because I'd make some money off of it. Unfortunately, the total cost of the air chamber and inhaler was $75!!! I almost didn't get it... I mean does she really need it? :) I asked if I could pay for them separately because I had 2 coupons and they let me. I got $50 off! Sweet right? So, although I didn't earn money, I sure saved a bunch.
LESSON: Save those prescription coupons even if you don't take meds!

Toothpaste:
CVS had a deal where if you buy some Crest with Scope toothpaste for $3.50, you'll get $3.50 in Extra Care Bucks to use on your next purchase. I usually take advantage of these deals but this time was extra special because I had a coupon for $0.75 off. So, that's right, I made $0.75 by buying the toothpaste!
Lesson: Save coupons even if you wouldn't normally buy that product because CVS ALWAYS has these kind of deals. (Just don't forget to use those ECB because they do expire and then they got you.

No comments: