Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Greatest Weekend Ever

This weekend was awesome. At the end of the day Saturday I felt like I had used every single moment of my day and was actually ok with the day being over.

Saturday morning we went to the temple together while our friend Emily watched Jane. Afterward we went to lunch at the greatest taco place EVER called Los Comales (if you live in Chicago you HAVE to check it out) with the Tateoka's, Ward's and Millers. Then we came home and took a nap while Jane napped. After everyone was awake, we biked over to the beach and played at the playground and then biked up to Evanston and played at a little park there. Later that evening after Jane was in bed (our neighbor took Jane TV) we biked over to our Bishop's house for a little pizza and dessert get-together. I had some of the most delicious cheesecake in my life that night. On the way home I thought, "I should blog about how great this day was. I just hope it doesn't get ruined by getting into an accident or something awful like that." And, it didn't. We went to bed exhausted and happy.

Sunday we started the day off with Jane waking up an hour early with an explosive wet diaper (diaper gel EVERYWHERE). That wasn't fun. I was a good wife and let Brandt go back to sleep after he changed her bedding. After I put her down for her first nap I went back to bed and she slept until her usual waketime! I thought she'd wake up a hour early since she was off her schedule but she slept an extra hour. Bliss. Then we biked to church (15 miles total) and are now relaxing, about to eat some junk food and watch some shows.

What a fabulous weekend. I hope you all had a great weekend too. If not, I hope the next one is as good as ours was this week.

Here are some pictures of us at the park in Evanston (from my camera phone):

HiYa!
She's big into snuggling this week!




When we were about to leave I swung with Jane and she snuggled into me for ages. I didn't want to ever stop! Yes, I dressed us like twins on purpose.
I love her.

No comments: