Thursday, April 29, 2010

I have the best friends

Part 1: I was asked to give a talk in church two weeks ago about Forgiveness. I was actually asked to give it back in October but got sick the day before so they moved the date. Then I was supposed to give in over Thanksgiving but I went out of town so they moved the date again. I was finally able to give it two weeks ago and it feels nice to have it done. Now I can finally stop thinking about forgiveness... just kidding.

Part 2: I have this friend named Holly. She's pretty much in my top five favorite people in the world.

Part 1 + Part 2 = Part 3:

About 25 minutes before it was go time, I was sitting on the stand looking out at the 200+/- people. My limbs started involuntarily shaking and I saw Holly holding up this sign...


Definitely top five right? She said she would have held it up during my talk but her hubby Nathan said it was inappropriate. Booo.

P.S. Check out the adoption button on my sidebar. Nathan and Holly are trying to adopt and they'd be awesome parents, so if you know anyone who might be able to help please pass it along.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Brett Richardson did the same thing for me when I had to talk in Stake Conference my senior year. He drew a picture of me standing at the pulpit with tongue out, eyes bulging holding her throat and it said, "Don't choke...good luck!"

Sarah said...

Sorry....meant to say- hands around my nick holding my throat

Jessica {The Novice Chef} said...

How fun! Love the sign!