Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jane: 1 year

One year ago (on the 8th) I pushed Jane out of me... all 5 lbs, 10 ounces of her. It feels like so long ago but doesn't at the same time.

It amazes me how much she changes even daily. She's learning so much. She now dances to music. She throws her arms up and down, all around like a mad woman. That's her dance. I think she got it from her dad. She also says "mama" all the time... mostly though when she's overly bored or cranky.

She LOVES to snuggle. She will snuggle into me after I nurse her, which I take as her way of saying "thanks mom". I love the sound she makes when she snuggles. Brandt and I will make that noise occasionally when she's not around and it makes us both laugh thinking about her. I have started weaning her (down to 2 feedings from 4) but don't know if I want to finish because I love that time with her. We'll see.

We love her to pieces. She's such a fun girl. She loves new things and new places. She loves new people and is always smiling at strangers on our walks. She knows she's cute. Lately she's started carrying around an empty tennis ball container and fills it with whatever she can find, rings, animal magnets, blocks.

She has 4.25 bottom teeth and 2 of her top teeth. Her hair is coming in more now and I love to stroke it while she snuggles me.

Growth~
Weight: 20 lbs 4 oz (50%)
Height: 29 3/4 inches (70%)
Head: 60%

I love you Jane! You're the bestest thing I've ever owned.





2 comments:

the fellers said...

oh happy birthday jane! wow, time sure does fly hey? she is such a cutie!

Kristen said...

I can't believe its been a year! What an amazing little person you made!!