Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Sneaking Sacrament Cups

Those of you who belong to the LDS church know exactly what I mean by that. If you're anything like me, when you were a kid you used to try to sneak the little cups by hiding them in your hand right after you drank the water and pretended you put it back in the little holder thing. Although, my Dad always knew if we didn't put it back and if by chance he didn't know, a sibling would be sure to tell him. Then, into his coat pocket it went.

That was me on Sunday. This last Sunday. That's right, the day I turned 25 I snuck a Sacrament cup.

It wasn't for me though I promise. I felt it was time Jane finally get to experience the fun of playing with one of those miniature cups. I took my sip and pretended to put it back.

I did learn a lesson that day. It wasn't that I shouldn't keep my cup. I will definitley do that again sometime when Jane is older. The lesson I learned is that those tiny little cups are the perfect size for baby mouths. Jane simply put it in her mouth and closed her lips over it. That's the definition of a choking hazzard. Yikes!

Sorry Jane, we'll try again in about a year.

2 comments:

MandiScandal said...

Stealing sacrament cups for your child. You are such a cool mom!!

Jessica {The Novice Chef} said...

Haha too funny!