Friday, September 10, 2010

Deals

When I get home from the store, one of my favorite things to do is show off what I got for how cheap. I get so excited. Because of this, Brandt has to endure this "show and tell" as he calls it and apparently he's SO over my excitement. I like to show him everything because I'm excited but also because I don't want him to think all I do is buy, buy, buy stuff all day every day.

The other day I was showing him what I got and I could tell for the 50th time his attention was elsewhere and he was getting annoyed. So, I said, "I want you to care because I care and I don't want you to think I'm spending all your money on stuff we already have 5 of."

He said, "Oh, I already assume you just got everything for free or for $.30."

That actually made me feel pretty darn good. He thinks I'm that good. I still like to show him what I got but now I'll keep it to a minimum like just showing him what I got the best deal on. Like today... I got 3 tubes of Arm & Hammer toothpaste for -$.78. That's right. They paid ME $.78! We now have about 10 big boxes of toothpaste which means we can brush our teeth as much as we want!!!

What a fun job I have.

3 comments:

Angela said...

Yep reed has to endure the show and tell too!

Muffin said...

I have a confession. I too am addicted to couponing... see post here: http://thegraysonsfaces.blogspot.com/2010/07/deals-at-target.html

It's so fun huh?

Celia said...

omg. i don't know how you do it! you should write a guide for this :)