Monday, April 18, 2011

She does love me

This weekend was a little rough on my self esteem. Jane was super snotty to me and super lovey right after about the same exact thing to Brandt. I know that it's really because she loves him and only gets to see him really on the weekends but it still made me a little sad.

I know, wait for the teenage years...

But, today she showed me that she really did love me. I couldn't find my train pass and after 30 minutes of searching the house, pretty calmly I might add, I exhaled, sat on the floor and put my head in my hands. Jane walked right up to me and threw both of her tiny little arms around me. 10 minutes later I was a little more upset I couldn't find it and she did the same thing. Finally, I found it in the same spot I'd looked at 25 times.

Fast forward 15 minutes... We were waiting for the train and it was taking FOREVER. I was losing the last bit of patience I still had. Jane sensed it, hopped down off the bench and gave me another hug.

Seriously a little doll. She usually doesn't give me hugs unless I ask but she genuinely cared about me and wanted me to feel better. I hope I can remember this the next few times she gives me the cold shoulder :)

Sorry mom, again and again!!!

No comments: