Monday, May 23, 2011

Jane's Birthday Party

To celebrate Jane turning two we invited a bunch of her friends over and threw a flower and butterfly spring brunch party. It took a lot of time to get ready for (I went way overboard) but was lots of fun. First, we chatted and ate and then the playing began...

I bought this cardboard house A LONG time ago and thought it would be fun to pull out during her party. It took Brandt, Peter, Brian and Julie to put it all together but worth it because the kids had a lot of fun playing in it. We packed it right up after everyone left and will pull it back out another time. Probably the best $5 I've spent.



After playing, Jane opened presents. She received some pretty sweet stuff, that lucky little girl.



Then we sang happy birthday...


She blew out the candles in one quick huff. I didn't even get a picture of it she was so fast.


Here, Jane and her besty Stella (born the day before her) are enjoying the cupcakes.



One item I went overboard on... the cupcakes. Those flowers are gum drops that I flattened with sugar crystals and cut out with a mini cookie cutter. I saw them on a magazine cover and knew Jane NEEDED them on her cupcakes.


I also made 48 mini quiches from scratch, 2 dozen homemade blueberry muffins with homemade parchment paper liners, 2 breakfast casseroles, a fruit bowl and some punch.

Next year... Chuck E. Cheese.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Yeah for seeing her in my dress! I love my JANE!

Katie said...

Hahaha, her party looks WAY more awesome than chuck e cheese. Just say no, Christina! Happy Birthday Jane!