Friday, June 03, 2011

Disney World Part 3

Jane and I stayed back at the hotel on Thursday while Brandt, Brody and Ann went to Universal because we needed a break from all that walking around. Long story short, they brought me back a Harry Potter Butter Beer and I got to try a sip of it :) Brandt and I went out that night to a Mexican restaurant in celebration of Cinco De Mayo. It was the WORST Mexican restaurant experience EVER and everyone there spoke English! It took 1.5 hours of sitting to finally eat and they still had our order wrong on the 3rd try. Luckily they gave us 50% and free dessert after complaining.

Friday morning we headed to MAGIC KINGDOM!

We rode the monorail in, which I don't remember from my past visit there. We took the obligatory first picture in the park photo...


Then, we walked up to the castle and watched the show that was going on for a few minutes. All the princesses and their men twirling around...


I wanted to get some pictures of Jane while she watched the show because she looked so happy but after a few I think she was getting upset because she wanted to watch the show, NOT take pictures...




Here's the family...


Then we went to the Swiss Family Robinson Tree House. I remembered this from when I came with my sister Anna as teens. Not too exciting for me but Jane loved being up high in a tree.


Jane LOVED the kid rides, which by the end I realized were ALL THE SAME. Here she is waiting in line for the Aladdin Magic Carpet Ride (which almost got closed because of rain)...


And, here's us on the merry go-round...


After we went on the It's A Small World ride, Jane was really sad because she REALLY wanted "more boat". It was also her nap time so that made it extra hard.

We went on the Buzz Light Year ride where you shoot the aliens. Brandt and I rode together and everyone else rode in a separate car. We decided to see who could get the highest score. I actually beat Brandt, 85,000 to 82,000. Then, Brody told us his score... on the higher end of 200,000! He, um, won.

While Ann took Jane on a ride, Brandt and I went on the hunt for funnel cake. A worker told us the wrong place so we came back and found Mary Poppins. I waited in line to get a picture taken with her, hoping Jane would be done by the time it was our turn. Jane was still nowhere to be seen so I walked up to her and said, "It's just me!" She said, "Just you!? That's no way to introduce yourself! A proper lady should walk into a room and say, It is I!". She was a really nice lady and a good actress I might add.


We all got back together and found the funnel cakes ($3 less than at Epcot!!). Right after we were done it was about time for the parade so we got some good spots and waited...


It was a super hot day and you could see sweat dripping off the dancers as they twirled by us. Here are couple pictures of the end of the parade...



The final part later!

No comments: