Friday, May 11, 2012

Wendy's New Head

Wendy got her band off Thursday! She had it a total of 6 weeks and 5 days. I am so happy we did it and I know she'll be grateful too. It's amazing of how much it can shape the head by just wearing it, like clothes. Nothing invasive, nothing painful, she just wore it.

It was a little rough at first, dealing with her temperature adjustments (she kept getting heat rash) but after a week she was all regulated. Besides that and a bajillion trips up to Skokie, it was easy peasy.

Here are her before and after shots. I'm not sure if you can tell but here's what to look for...

Now her head is less round and is narrower on the sides. She doesn't have as much forehead because the skull isn't pushing it forward anymore. I think her before picture here is hilarious. Total mug shot.


She has a more natural slope of her forehead and as you can kinda see in the bottom picture, the back side isn't flat anymore.

Here you can really see the flat side and how the right ear was pushed forward. It's now rounded and ears are even. In the bottom picture you can see how her right forehead was pushed forward. It's now even.

You really have to hold her to see the amazing difference it made but you kinda get an idea from the pictures. What a blessing it was to be able to do this for her and have insurance cover the whole thing.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm really impressed with the before and after pictures that you were able to get. What great documentation! Hooray for bands...and graduating from them. Yay Wendy!

These are all the little things said...

Wow, I'm impressed. I love her concerned looks. I'm happy for you that it all worked out.

Mike and Heather said...

In these I REALLY see how much she looks like her big sister! So cute . . .