Thursday, July 12, 2012

Slurpees and Dentists

(only some of our cups Jane DEMANDED I rinse out and save)

7/11/2012 will be remembered as the day Jane went to the dentist for the first time AND had 3 Slurpees.

It was free Slurpee day at 7-11 so we walked down to the nearest one. The were lame-os and weren't participating so after Jane screamed bloody murder as we walked out, I decided to keep walking to the next one. Jane got her very own cherry Slurpee and was in heaven.

She took about 2 hours to fall asleep right afterward... not sure why :)

After her nap we went to her very first dentist appointment. She rocked it! She did very well (because they have a TV above the chair) and the dentist said she has perfect teeth. She does need to stop sucking her thumb at night so we're trying to figure out a way to get her to stop without having to pay a lot of money for a plastic thumb guard that may or may not work.

On the way home we passed another 7-11 so we popped in and got more Slurpees. Mmmmm.

On the way home from there we passed another 7-11 so we popped in and got MORE Slurpees.

When we got out of the car at the last 7-11, Jane gave me crazy eyes and said, "Mom, can I get another Cherry one? I LOVE cherry ones."

I only filled her last one up about an inch and on the way out she dropped it. Half spilled out and at the same time I said, "Bummer", she said, "Cinders and Ash!" I said, "What did you just say?!" and she said, "Buff my buffers!" I cracked up laughing so hard I spilled some of my Slurpee. Guess she watched too much Thomas the Train that morning. She only had about a half inch left but drank every last drop.

We love us some Slurpees... so much for just-cleaned teeth! I think she has perma cherry mustache now.

1 comment:

Angela S said...

Awesome!