Saturday, July 07, 2012

Super Hero Dance Party

We told Jane she could go to school when she is 3 years old. She's been looking forward to this FOREVER. Well, today was the day she went to her first class and she was super excited. I signed her up for a creative movement class that a couple of her friends are in. She wore her "ballet slippers", her pink tutu and pink tank top, and some purple leggings. She was adorable. 

They lined up before going into the room and were shown how to get into "starting position". Then, we were told to leave. No parents allowed. 

I was a wreck... internally.

My little baby, all alone in a brand new class. What if she has an accident (of the potty nature)? What if she acts up? What if she gets scared? It was this moment that all of a sudden I felt so responsible for her and REALLY didn't want to leave. Brandt kinda nudged me out of the building and we went to run some errands.

We got back right as they let class out. Jane looked left and right multiple times looking for us through the crowd of parent/child reunions as if she was thinking, "Where are MY mommy and daddy? Are they coming for me?" I started running towards her and she ran towards me. She flew into my arms. I didn't want to let go.

Then she said, "I want to go to class again... right now."

Well, I guess it's better than being a super clingy whiner who can't do anything themselves. She just needed to make sure we were still in her life and then she wanted to do it all over again.

The teacher said she did great. She just had a little case of the "I dont want to do that" occasionally which we've been working on at home.

Anyway, my baby now has "ballet" every Saturday morning through the summer and I can't wait for her to add more twirls and jumps to her limited dance move collection. She's GREAT at bowing though... so delicate!

On a related note:

I was watching her friend Ben one day and they decided to get all dressed up to have a (they named it) Super Hero Dance Party. They rocked it.

1 comment:

These are all the little things said...

If Ben ever gives you trouble in the future. I'd say this is on a level of blackmail! Haha So cute.