Wednesday, August 07, 2013

The Fourth... of July

It's August, I know. Time got away from me but I wanted to write this post so here it goes.

Brandt's an avid fan of Frisbee golf and so is Nate Murray, one of our friends. I'm sure they'd rather go without the 4 kids and 2 women who belong to them collectively but it was a holiday so we wanted to tag along. I'm glad we did. We ended up having so much fun that we were exhausted by the time we started heading home.

First we met up in Winnetka, IL. The women chatted and kiddos ran around a baseball field while the men played a round of Frisbee golf. Then we went to lunch, ate way too many fries and did a little shopping. What more could you ask for?
Here are some pictures from that day:

Our patriotic crew:

 Just having some fun before the big game:

 Surprisingly, Wendy couldn't stop touching this stuff and she hates sand (see next picture for example).

Example:

End of tangent... The home team, waiting to bat:

And here's Jane, taking a swing... It's a home run!!!!

And the crowd goes wild while Jane runs the bases!

 The home team is very happy about their victory:

Aren't they just the sweetest?

We'll keep 'em.

At some point during all the fun, Wendy caught eye of Brandt and did what she does EVERY TIME she sees him... and he did what he does EVERY TIME he sees her. Classic.

I am so thankful for my family and friends. I am so thankful for our freedoms and opportunities. I am very very VERY blessed :)

2 comments:

MandiScandal said...

That is the sweetest daddy/daughter picture

These are all the little things said...

It looks like Wendy's missing her left hand. Poor one handed Wendy.