Monday, October 28, 2013

My Janie (and feeding ducks)

Jane knows herself as my first baby. I wanted her to know that I've loved her for a long time and that I think she's super special so I told her she was my first baby and now she frequently reminds me of it. I have to admit, when we first started getting to know this Hurricane, I was scared. She was a handful and as a first time mom I thought I was unlucky to get a crazy one. After having her for 4.5 years (in two weeks) I am SO grateful to have this ball of fire. She is awesome. I think she'll be one of my bestest friends. She amazes me how sweet she can be in between acting like a mad woman.

The other day I had put their dinner on the table and after they sat down, I came back to give them each a half piece of bread. Jane looked up with eyes of awe and said, "Is this for me?!" She hopped off her chair, stood next to me and before giving me one of the best hugs I've ever been given, she said, "Oh mom! You love me so much! I will pray about you today. I just love you."

And, she did. She thanked Heavenly Father that I was her mom and that I was nice and gave her bread. Funny thing is, I didn't think she would eat it when I gave it to her and she didn't...

She makes me laugh a lot with the way she thinks. Lately she's been talking about her dreams. I'm not sure if she is just saying the things she thinks about are dreams or if they really are dreams but today she told me, "I had a bad dream last night. It was about Wendy. The water kept making her wet and it wouldn't stop. I wanted it to stop and I didn't want to dream about it but my mind kept saying, "Keep dreaming about it, keep dreaming about it, keep dreaming about it!" I need a dream catcher."

I assured her she would get one by Christmas.

Here are some pictures of my sweet girls and their grandma feeding some hungry ducks in Provo over the summer...







No comments: