Thursday, October 31, 2013

Teaching Jane Tricks

A fun part of being a parent is getting to teach your children cool things and watching their awe when they do it for the first time.

Tonight, after all the trick or treating, Jane got to pick out two pieces of candy. Her new favorite is licorice. She just opened the first piece when our friend, Haley, handed her a drink. I realized she had no idea what the secret was with licorice. I told her to bite both ends (she looked at me like, "mom, I just want to eat this."), she did it and then I showed her how it was a straw. She tried it in her milk and the look of glee on her face was awesome. It was as if she was thinking, "It worked! Wow! I had no idea!"

Didn't want to forget this moment...

Oh Jane, I look forward to teaching you many more tricks. You're my little friend.

Also, today as I was trying to get her to take a nap because we were going to be out late, we were laying together on my bed. I was pretending to be asleep so she would go to sleep when all of a sudden she reached her head up and gave me a sweet kiss on my cheek. Such a sweetie this one.

 (from a local Halloween event this past week)

No comments: