Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Baby Boy Bumper Drama

Yesterday, as Wendy and I were on our way home from Target, we were rear-ended. It wasn't THAT bad, we just needed a new bumper (again) and we felt fine so I didn't think anything of the baby being hurt. All the drama, awkwardness and uncomfortableness of the guy not being insured and wanting me (begging me) to not call the cops kind of overwhelmed me. We eventually just drove over to the mechanic and the guy paid him for the new bumper and we parted ways.

A few hours later, I was at Jane's school playing when a friend commented about getting the baby checked out just in case. I asked a couple other friends and contacted my doctor. All of them sad the same thing... that I should go to the ER just to be safe. I dropped off the girls at Nicole's house and headed to the hospital. Little did I know things were actually not a-ok.

Swinging together at the park before heading to the hospital. They were beyond excited (like Disney World excited) to get to play at the park for the first time in MONTHS!

They did the first set of labs and said that I needed to stay overnight because I had Thrombocytopenia, or a low blood platelet count. I remember having this with Wendy (sorta remember) but they were worried. Even more so, they were worried because I had Fibrinogen, something that has something to do with blood clotting. My numbers with that were low and they only get low when there is a tear in the placenta.

Needless to say, I was a wreck emotionally. I felt fine and really I wasn't TOO worried about the baby (I trusted he would be fine) but all the events of the day wrapped up like this was just too much for me. Brandt came home early and got the girls, put them to bed and then came over (some friends stayed at our place for a few hours). It was so nice to have someone there with me. I desprately needed to hold his hand.

The next morning, they did another set of labs and they came back a little worse so they wanted me to stay for another set at noon. Brandt brought the girls up to visit and that really helped. It was so nice to see them. Jane was really worried about me and gave me lots of snuggles and smiles. Wendy faught for my attention too and when they left she screamed because she didn't want me to have to stay longer. I'm glad they love me.

Entertaining me with funny faces before showing me their ballet moves.

I went in for an ultrasound and it was super nice to see our little gentlman. He's perfectly great and seems to be doing fine.

Love his little nose and look, he is holding the heart he made for me during his downtime at the hospital because he just loves me so much!

They did another set of labs at noon and they came back a little better so they said I could leave around 4 or 5pm but that I will have to be monitored because my numbers are still low which means there are still issues. I have to go back in on Thursday to get more tests done to see where things stand.

I eventaully got to leave at 6pm and boy am I happy to not have to eat hospital food or be hooked up to machines. I am also glad to leave with a kicking baby inside my tummy instead of in the NICU.

Feeling very grateful for blessings and all the love my friends have shown me. Thank you for all your prayers!


No comments: