Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy Potty Day to Wendy Mae!

A week ago I would have told you I wouldn't even think about potty training Wendy until she was at least 3. I had a really bad experience (4 hours in the bathroom) with her a little while ago where I tried to teach her thinking she was ready but she clearly wasn't. Last week, though, she showed HUGE interest. One time she came in to use the potty while I was showering and totally did it! Another time I found her taking off her diaper and wiping herself because she had peed just a little in her diaper. TMI I know, but I don't want to forget walking in on that crazy girl and seeing how proud she looked because she knew she was being a big girl.

We chose a weekend, made sure we had no plans and got ready to potty train my baby. We did the same thing we did with Jane, taking Wendy to the bathroom every 15 minutes and if she was dry we'd give her a Skittle or M&M (Jane would get one too and cheer for Wendy). She had 4 accidents the first day (only 2 bad ones) and even stayed dry and used the potty when we went out for Potty Training Day burgers! The next day we had church so she only used underwear the 2nd half of the day and only had one accident. That night we celebrated with Happy Potty Day cupcakes (pictures below)! Today she only had one accident and we even ran a ton of errands! My favorite was when we were at Target she was in the shopping cart and said, "potty, potty!" I took her and she went, and was dry! She is really getting it. I'm so proud of my munchkin!

Here are some pictures from Sunday night of the girls enjoying some snickerdoodle cupcakes. Excuse the low quality of the images... I had to use my phone.

Wendy Mae, 2 years & 5 months old.

She's so proud of herself!

Ok, enough smiles, time to dig in!
 




Of coarse Jane got in on the cupcake action!

She's a great big sister, cheering on Wendy as she learns to potty train and as Wendy learns new words. She gets so excited for her when she says a new word and makes sure to tell me. Tonight during Wendy's prayer she said, "Jane" clear as day instead of "Iya". We both gasped, giggled and clapped at the same time.

I had to go back and look at Jane when we celebrated her Potty Training Day when she was 2 years and 3 months old. Here is my super blonde, happy girl!

1 comment:

Reed Stone said...

Love Wendy's smile. What fun to look back and baby Jane! I love your girls for sure!