Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Head, shoulders, knees and toes

Jane has an hour of Mandarin every Monday in school and she NEVER tells me what she learns so I assumed nothing was sinking in until last week she burst out of independent time and declared, "I can sing head, shoulders, knees, and toes in Mandarin!" I was completely in shock as she did it so I made her do it like 5 more times and once more so I could get her cute self on video. Go Jane!

Enjoy!




This morning Jane drew me the best picture ever. I never want to lose it so here it is...

The story: We are walking on the sidewalk to find each other. Jane had been looking all over town to find me because she wanted to go to the park with me. 
She made sure to get our eye and hair colors right as well as our skin color. She asked, "What color skin do you have? Llama color?"

1 comment:

wendy said...

I love your posts! Your kids are so great and talented and cute and you are such a great and cute mom (and talented). Isn't it great that you live in a place that has such great diversity, that her initial response to your skin color isn't white? I think it's wonderful. When we were living in the VA/DC area Nathan, about age 3or 3 1/2, and I saw a poster/advertisement in a building which had a human face with 1 side of the face painted black and the other side white. We were sitting waiting for someone in this room when he all of a sudden, Mom why does that person have 1 blue eye and 1 brown eye? I thought it was so cool that he didn't see any color changes, except the eyes. Hope you are saving all of these wonderful posts/videos and pictures!!!