Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Boston: 1 Month

I think I'm gonna change my blog name to "Because Anna wants to know". My little sis got me out of a lazy funk by requesting a 1 month update of Boston so here it is.

We went in for his check-up and here are his stats:

Weight: 9lbs 8 oz (50th %)
Height: 22.5 inches (70th %)
Head: 14.75 inches (30th %)

I hesitated doing this post because I haven't been able to take pictures of him and I know that's all people care about so I tried taking some today. It was completely last minute and didn't turn out the way I wanted but I got a couple worth something. The problem is, Boston is a pretty fussy baby if he's not being held or asleep and Brandt was at work so he wasn't too happy to be laid down. He's just like Jane where that is concerned. He's only content to be held and you can't be sitting, you have to be walking around.

Semi content for .5 seconds... I love his cute long fingers and blue eyes. I wanted him to have brown like his dad but it looks like they might just be blue (3 for 3)!

Not happy about tummy time but look how strong he's getting! I love it when they stop being bobble heads, it's a lot less stressful :)

I tried laying him in the bouncer and he was REALLY unhappy. Luckily, he has 2 big sisters to hold hands with. They sure love him. They always want to see him and touch him saying, "Hey Bossy! Hey Bossy boy!"

This little miss was basically on top of me through all of the picture taking. She can't be away from him for a minute if he's awake.

Awwww... much better. Unlike both girls, he's a fan of pacifiers. Maybe it's because we've given it to him more than them or that he was bottle fed a lot more in the beginning (I have no idea actually) but I'm not sure how I feel about it. 

So, what's he like? He is still super sleepy. It's hard to get him to eat as much as I want him to and then when I close up shop and put him down he decides it's time to wake up and eat! He's up twice a night still, around 1:30am and 5am. Both girls were sleeping 8 hours straight by 8-10 weeks and I CAN'T WAIT for him to do the same. 5 weeks down! He spends most of his wake time stretching SUPER big or trying to poop :) I think he's stretching to wake up and then he's back to sleep, another BIG stretch and then back to sleep, rinse and repeat. Again, just like Jane.

The only concerns at his appointment were that his eyes aren't focusing like they should yet and he's not smiling yet (except for the tired smiles which kill me whenever I get a glimpse of them) but the Dr. said he'll give him some slack since he was early. Hopefully he'll make progress in the next few weeks.

I'm still figuring this mom of three thing out and I think the hardest part is we are still in a two bedroom apartment. It would be so nice to have at least one more room and a yard but we love our place (and our rent) so I think we can handle it one more year and then I'm gonna get my play room, central air, in-unit laundry... I'm gonna live the high life! For now, Boston naps in our room and sleeps in the living room at night (made it two weeks in our room at night). He'll move to the girl's room when he's sleeping through the night.

We sure do love little Boston and are excited to see him interact more!

No comments: