Friday, August 01, 2014

Boston: 8 weeks

Boston wore leggings for the first time yesterday so obviously I had to take some pictures and do a blog post. He's 8 weeks old now! A few items to note...

-He hasn't spit up yet.

-He hasn't had a blowout yet.

-Now that I typed those two things out loud I expect both things to happen.

-He has woken up only once the last 3 nights. One feeding at 3am and then again at 7am when we all get up. I'm loving it!

-There is a moment with each child that I will always remember... the first time we "connected". With Boston, I had just started singing him "I Am A Child Of God" for the first time and right as I started the song he looked me right in the eyes and smiled. Words can't express how I felt.

-He still falls asleep during feedings. My favorite moments are when I lay him on my chest to burp him and he falls asleep with him little hands resting under his chin. I could just sit there forever giving little kisses to his tiny noggin.

-We had our first (and hopefully last) scare... He was stretching after a nap yesterday before I fed him and he suddenly started choking. He thrashed and didn't breathe for about a minute. SO scary. I did everything I could to get him to take a breath and then burst into tears once he finally did. For the next 45 minutes he would drift to sleep and then scream and act distressed for a few seconds and then drift back to sleep (on repeat every 5 minutes) like something was still in his throat. I really hope that doesn't happen again and am SOOOO grateful he's ok and still with us!

So, on a brighter note, here are the many faces of my little Boss:







Brandt felt bad for this little fellow when I put leggings on him but Jane said, "Leggings are the best part of life." I win. However, I do promise to stay away from the pink leggings :)