Thursday, December 11, 2014

Boston Knight: 6 months

The first 3 months drag on waiting for them to sleep through them night and figuring out life with a newborn but these last three months have gone by in a blink of an eye. This is my favorite stage so far. He's a perfect baby. He's wonderful. He sleeps well at night and for naps, he's quick at nursing, great at solids, and LOVES to snuggle and laugh. He'll only cry when Wendy's "over loved him" or he's tired (in which case you just put him down for a nap and he's good).

He's a car seat lover; he's always content while we grocery shop and he's in his seat, and takes great naps in his car seat too. Still super ticklish, loves baths, doesn't spit up too much and is in heaven when he sees Jane after school. He's just barely starting to be able to stay in sitting position but isn't rolling yet and is still wobbly when I hold him with only one arm but the Dr. said he's going to give him a little time and isn't too worried. I am not either. While it would be nice to be able to do things with one arm while I hold him, I'll just enjoy the snuggle time and do those other things later.

 My boy!
  
My happy, happy HAPPY boy!

He's so little and SO big at the same time!

I love seeing Brandt hold him because it's like baby Brandt and man Brandt at the same time.

Same brown eyes, same big smile:

Same hand sucking, I mean... um... 

This guy. He's pretty awesome.

I love these next shots. This is when Wendy comes close to "Bossy Man" (as Wendy calls him) and starts to lay down next to him.

Silly kids. Wendy trying out Boston's fingers:

Bossy trying out Wendy's thumb. Better watch out Wendy... he bites HARD!

I love his expression here. You SHOULD be worried Boston. Any minute this could turn ugly!

And just like that, he's tired. Ready for a nap now!

But when he wakes up, he'll be ready to play again!

This happened this morning:
Jane: Look Dad, I drew Boston!
Brandt: Hahahahaha!
Jane: Look Mom, I drew Boston!
Me: Hahahahaha!
Jane: And THAT is how I made both parents laugh.

Stats at 6 months:
Weight: 17 lbs 8 oz (50th%)
Height: 27.5 in (90th%)
Head: 17.5 in (60th%)
Boston got 3 shots and actually did cry this time (last time he didn't at all) but he was fine after I picked him up. We took him for some blood work and it was the saddest thing having to hold his chubby little arm out straight for them to draw the blood. I can't believe they even found a vein his arm was so little. He actually only cried for a second when the needle went in and then sat there like a big boy while they filled the vials (and they even had to adjust the needle after a bit because nothing was coming out). Super trooper!

And, we took Wendy in for her 3 year at the same time so here are her stats:
Weight: 36lbs (90th%)
Height: 38.25 in (75th%)
No shots for Wendy but she also had to get some blood work a couple days later and she didn't even flinch! She just sat in my lap and watched them stick her and then dig around for a couple minutes trying to find the vein. I cannot even believe how well she did!

No comments: