Saturday, March 05, 2016

Weekend Family Fun!

The first nice-ish weekend of the year finally happened! The girls woke up and got dressed in matching outfits. They decided they were going to be zebras so they put on their matching striped shirts and black pants. When Brandt got Boston dressed, they requested Boss wear his black striped shirt and darkest pants too. By the time I woke up I had a house full of zebras!

Wendy said, "Can we go to the zoo today?" I looked at Brandt and we both silently agreed before I said, "You know what? I think we can! What a great idea Wendy!"

Boston took an early nap and off to the zoo we went. The first animal we saw? You guessed it... ZEBRAS!

My zebras with the zebras at Lincoln Park Zoo! Everyone who walked by us laughed so hard.

Silly girls riding hippo statues. You know, typical zoo behavior.

 We had such a fun time at the zoo that day.

It was nice to finally be able to play outside, feeling a little warmth on our faces.

And, it was great to be together, all of us. Brandt and I would mention to each other how lovely that day was for the rest of the week.

We decided that we had to do something fun the next weekend too so we made plans to finally go to the Jelly Belly Factory! Jane talked about it all week and her and Wendy counted down the days till the next Saturday came. We invited some friends to join us and off we went to Wisconsin!

After about an hour and a half of driving, we made it and met up with the Hickmans. There family is PERFECT for our family! Their oldest, Hazel, gets along so well with Wendy, their middle, Ginger, LOVES Boston and their youngest, Poppy, and Jane play really well together. I can't imagine better pairs!

We totally got Boston to wear his hat and I'm still amazed.

So excited to learn about Jelly Belly's!

The tour was a little long but all the kids did pretty well. 

That night I grilled the girls on things we learned during the tour and while they didn't answer the questions exactly right, I was amazed at how much Jane remembered. She's got a good brain.

We left with a ton of jelly beans, headed to the outlets and then out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse where the girls filled up on SO many rolls they wouldn't touch their dinner. That's Ginger holding Boston's hand. I love it.

 Two big outings in a row! Living it up before the baby comes!

No comments: