Sunday, June 05, 2016

Boston's Last Minute Birthday Party

I wasn't sure if I'd have the baby before or after Boston's birthday (on the 4th and the baby was due the 11th) so I didn't plan anything for his birthday. A friend and I had texted that if the baby hadn't come by his birthday they would come into town and we'd eat some cake together... super low key. Well, I texted her the night before and said, "no baby yet!" so the Smiths came in from the suburbs and we "partied". Ha! Dacia even brought the "cake" (a cupcake cake) which was SUPER nice because I was kind of, you know, due any minute and feeling it.

Before our friends got there Boston played us some tunes on the guitar. He's quite talented for a newly 2 year old.

 We sang to Boston and told him to blow the candles out at the end but didn't realize he was eating a carrot.

A carrot that was apparently the size of his mouth and very chewy.

So, we sang to him again and by that point he was ready to blow out his birthday candles.

Ignore Jane's weird face and look at Boston's cute "I just blew out FIRE" face.

It was so cute seeing his amazement. I love this boy.

Getting ready to dive into a lot of chocolate.

Showing David the chocolate on his finger.

Now showing me cause I asked to see it.

This is his "mic drop" after pounding his cupcake.

I think he liked it.

And now time for more carrots.

Happy birthday buddy boy! My life wouldn't be as awesome without you in it and I've LOVED the last two years! You're one cool dude!

No comments: