Sunday, February 19, 2017

Skijoring

We spent the weekend in Orem and one of the things we did was go to Midway, Utah and watch the skijoring competition. We'd never heard of it until my brother-in-law Brody sent us a text with a woman on skis being pulled by a horse. His mom loves horses and skiing so it was amazing to learn this actually exists!

Here are some pictures from that day:

That's MY man! Look at all that stuff he's carrying! That's what happens when Boss decides he won't walk and sits down in the mud.

Most of the snow was gone so I'm glad they didn't have to cancel this. It was super fun(ny) to watch.

Grandma and the kiddos:

Cheese!

Brody, Brandt and Logan:

There was a playground near where we were standing so the kids spent most of the time over there.

Though, they did spend a lot of time eating Goldfish and watching other little kids riding snowmobiles. It was $12 for 10 times around. Even if it were free I don't think I'd let my kids on one!

And looking around I think we were the only family in tennis shoes, whoops. Our feet were pretty cold.

Logan did pretty well for about half an hour and then he was done.

We stayed for a bit more and then I took the two boys back to Orem for naps while everyone else stayed back. 

Boston walked back to the van almost the whole way and did a fairly good job at dodging the horse poop on the road.

Wish I could have stayed longer but now I can say I've gone to a skijoring competition... even though most people won't have a clue what I'm talking about :)

No comments: